Southwest Civic Winds Invitation to Play LIVE!
Southwest Civic Winds is actively planning LIVE rehearsals and performances beginning May 2021! This invitational letter spells out our plans from May 2021 through May 2022. Please, read carefully and then respond to this letter ASAP so we can proceed with making plans.
The Board understands that plans may have to change due to Covid-19 restrictions, BUT, we are moving ahead assuming all of us want to make music together and be prepared for the many opportunities that lay ahead.
Eager to play Soon,
Below is an outline of the SWCW rehearsal and performance plans between now and May 2022. (NOTE: Some of the rehearsal and/or concert dates may need adjusting.)
1. Live Rehearsals starting May 2021: These will occur on several Thursday evenings. The rehearsals may or may not be the full band - it depends on the response we receive. Rehearsal dates are May 13, 20, and 27th. Location TBA.
2. "4th of July Concert" - Rehearsals for this performance are June 10 (tentative), 17, 24, and July 1st. Location TBA. Not only is our Concert Band and Jazz Orchestra planning to perform at Rotary Park in the gazebo Sunday, July 4th, but the Durango Choral Society is joining us. What a kick!
3. Additional Summer Concerts - We are looking into including a couple of additional summer concerts. Thursday evenings would be our preference for rehearsals and performances. Dates & times TBA.
4. Late Fall Concert - We are expecting to play two concerts in November 2021. Rehearsals are tentatively scheduled for November 4, 11, and 18th (location TBA) with concerts tentatively scheduled for Friday, Nov. 19th and Sunday, Nov. 21st.
5. Early Spring Concert - Rehearsals tentatively scheduled for February 10, 17, and 24th (Location TBA) with a concert scheduled for Friday, February 25th, 2022.
6. "Association of Concert Bands Convention" in Santa Fe - We are applying to be one of the 10 presenting bands at the "Association of Concert Bands (ACB) Convention" in Santa Fe hosted by the "New Mexico Association of Concert Bands Consortium" May 3 - 8, 2022. Rehearsals will be April 14, 21, 28th with a Gala Send-off Concert Saturday, April 30th. For more specific information regarding the convention, you can visit the following websites:
Your input: Your SWCW Board of Directors will be working diligently to put these events together. We need to know which events you want to be a part of. It is very important that you let us know ASAP about the "live" rehearsals starting in May and the July 4th Concert and rehearsals for immediate planning purposes. You can do this by clicking on the link at the bottom of this page and entering your responses. Later in the season we will send out another email asking for responses to the other proposed rehearsals and concerts, so mark the dates on your calendar NOW!
Thank you all so very much for taking the time to respond to this invitation. Your input, interest, and participation in this survey are valuable and we look forward to making music together once again as we proceed with caution and anticipation.
Your Board of Directors for the Southwest Civic Winds